Get to know me a little better.
- Thorough understanding of Game Design principles and practices. Including experience working on Virtual Reality experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills developed through team interactions, meetings and extensive documentation writing.
- Keen and sociable individual who relishes the opportunity to be involved in projects wherever possible, and who loves getting to know and working with new people.
- Knowledge of various game engines and tools, including Unreal Engine and specialising in Unity3D and C# Programming.
- Proficiency in specialised industry standard applications such as Photoshop, 3DS Max/Blender, Visual Studio and many more, as well as standard productivity software.
Freelance: October 2015 – Present
- Continued to develop my knowledge of Unity and C#.
- Developed my skills in different areas; including art and writing.
- Worked on numerous ideas and prototypes.
Coatsink Software Ltd: Mar 2015 – Sep 2015
Game and Level Designer working on Esper 2, a puzzle game for Samsung GearVR.
- Deeper understanding of game development and production in a commercial setting, and how to take ideas from concept to completion.
- A greater ability to coordinate and communicate with people across disciplines to deliver projects to set specifications and deadlines.
- Experience in designing game play and content, especially around the advantages and limitations of Virtual Reality platforms and hardware.
Freelance: May 2013 – March 2015
- Extensive knowledge of the Unity3D game engine and related tools.
- Self taught C# programming skills using Visual Studio.
- Ability to take game ideas from concept through to prototype stage.
University of Teesside : Sep 2010 – May 2013
BA Computer Games Design – Second Class Honours Upper Tier (2:1)
Stafford Collegiate: 2008 – 2010
A-Levels – Media Studies, Product Design, Computing, General Studies.
Being creative makes me immensely happy; it doesn’t matter what it is.
I’m happiest when creating, imagining and designing things. I’m very visually driven; I love to draw and visualise my ideas, and I have a habit of getting excited when my skills are invested in a good idea or when I see what I’m currently working on come together.
I’m 24, a gamer and am not afraid to admit that I’m a bit of a geek. I’m unashamedly addicted to almost anything Science Fiction related and I’ve been playing computer games since I was Six; my first game was Sonic the Hedgehog and my first console was a Sega Saturn.
- An eclectic listener of music. I enjoy listening to a wide variety of music from a multitude of different genres; from orchestral film, television and game soundtracks through to Pop/Rock classics, Electronica, Dubstep and many more.
- A hobbyist artist. I enjoy drawing, designing and sketching my ideas using pencil and paper and also developing them and my style further through the use of digital painting and illustration.
- A hobbyist musician. I hold a Grade 3 Classical Piano Certification and enjoy playing and composing music in spare time for pleasure, and/or my own projects.
- Lover of classic TV and Film comedy. Such as Monty Python, Morcambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, The Naked Gun, Airplane and many more.
- Journey (2012) – ThatGameCompany
- Ori and the Blind Forest (2015) – Moon Studios
- Overwatch (2016) – Blizzard
- Team Fortress 2 (2007) – Valve Software
- Rocket League (2015) – Psyonix
- Halo (2001 – Present) – Bungie Studios & 343 Industries
- Fable (2004) – Lionhead Studios